Southern Cross Medical Imaging is committed to protecting your privacy. We comply with applicable Federal and Victorian legislation relating to confidentiality and privacy regarding information relating to your health and other personal details.
When you become a patient of Southern Cross Medical Imaging a medical record is created that includes information such as your name, address, Medicare number and contact details. As well as complying with relevant privacy and confidentiality legislation, SCMI has strict policies and protocols with respect to the collection, use, disclosure and storage of patient information.
We have taken measures to ensure that paper records and information stored electronically on our computer system are stored securely and can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
Your information may need to be shared with:
- Other medical practitioners, allied health staff, pathology laboratories or radiology practices in order to optimally manage your health.
- Medicare, private health funds or other organisations responsible for the financial aspect of your care.
- Contractors who assist us in operation our business i.e.
– Maintenance of our information technology systems
– Billing, debt recovery, general office services
– installation, maintenance and repair services
- Your representatives i.e. your guardian, authorised representatives such as family members or legal advisers
- Our professional advisors i.e. accountants, auditors, legal advisers
- Government and regulatory authorities, as required by law
- A new business operator in the event that the assets and operations of SCMI are transferred to another party.